IBM Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
IBM Virtual Desktop for Smart Business provides a Virtual
Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and is based on the Virtual Bridges
VERDE (Virtual Enterprise Remote Desktop Environment) solution.
VDI transforms desktop management by offering anytime, anywhere
access to end user workspaces from your choice of device, across
operating systems - whether at the office, at a remote location, or
working from home. Each employee's desktop can have access to
personal data, as well as personal preferences such as bookmarks
for their browsers.
Instead of having to install applications, patches, and help
users with hundreds of different PCs, you can simply maintain a few
shared images on a server and IBM estimates that 200 desktops can
be run from a single IBM server.
This new wave of end user computing offers significant
- Dramatically lower Total Cost of Ownership of your desktop
- Simple installation and management of desktops
- Reduced downtime in the event of hardware failure
- Fully automated backup and recovery to protect against
- Lower data security and compliance risks
To register for an online demonstration or to request a savings
calculation for your environment please call on 01625 548111.