IBM Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
IBM Virtual Desktop for Smart Business provides a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and is based on the Virtual Bridges VERDE (Virtual Enterprise Remote Desktop Environment) solution.
VDI transforms desktop management by offering anytime, anywhere access to end user workspaces from your choice of device, across operating systems - whether at the office, at a remote location, or working from home. Each employee's desktop can have access to personal data, as well as personal preferences such as bookmarks for their browsers.
Instead of having to install applications, patches, and help users with hundreds of different PCs, you can simply maintain a few shared images on a server and IBM estimates that 200 desktops can be run from a single IBM server.
This new wave of end user computing offers significant benefits including:
- Dramatically lower Total Cost of Ownership of your desktop environment
- Simple installation and management of desktops
- Reduced downtime in the event of hardware failure
- Fully automated backup and recovery to protect against unplanned outages
- Lower data security and compliance risks
To register for an online demonstration or to request a savings calculation for your environment please call on 01625 548111.